Friday, April 6, 2007

Player Catergories

After several days of thoughts, I've decided that I can't catergorize players according to a single list of stereotypes. It is possible, but heck no, it is impractical. I've chosen to define players by two categories for you to mix and match. I've seen how in Counter-strike Source, players would fight, and I think I can make some science out of it.

Players can be catergorized according to:

1) Weapon Specialization

2) Tactical Specialization

For the weapons area, it gets easy. Basically the same as the weapon types in the world of CSS:

1) Shotgun

2) SMG

3) Rifle

4) Sniper Rifle

5) Machine Gun

Pistols however, aren't counted, as pistols could be found on anyone, and no one or rather, very few one-in-a-million souls uses pistols as the primary while their heavier guns as the secondary. I'm not one of them, either. I don't favor the smaller over the bigger ones, I use them at the best times.

As for the Tactical Specialization, it is slightly much more difficult to define. But so far, I was able to seperate players into two catergories:

1) Offensive

2) Defensive

I know it is pretty much a child's drawing, but bear with me. I might improve the tactics part, make it a Picasso's artpiece. Just not now. Anyway, here is how things will continue- I will write an article based on one Weapon Specialization, all the inside stuff on how to ward off a player with the following weapon preference, and other useful tips for you to bring home and play with. But for each article, I will feature both the Offensive and the Defensive counterpart of the Weapon Specialty like a pair of bullets from a dual beretta.

Stay tuned, one might just appear the next day or the day after tomorrow. Just let me gather my guns for a few experiments.

No comments: